30 May Home Upgrades That Can Expedite A Property Sale
When you’re selling a property, time is of the essence. Houses that have been sitting on the market for a long time can raise questions and spark doubts among buyers. To avoid this problem, ensure your house is in peak condition before listing it. These simple upgrades can help you close the deal.
Tackle Essential Fixes First
A property that’s in disrepair will quickly scare off buyers.
- A leaking roof makes a property essentially unliveable. Prioritize a roof replacement if needed, budgeting accordingly—the average cost is $8,000.
- Broken windows are another issue that detracts from a home’s value. Look up window repair services in your area for fast replacement.
- Run through a checklist of other common issues that may arise in a home inspection, like a faulty foundation or clogged gutters.
- Keep receipts for all of your major repairs, as you may be able to use them to offset your capital gains.
Upgrade the Home’s Interior Next
With the essential repairs taken care of, move on to implement value-boosting interior upgrades.
- Consider updating old appliances like your dishwasher and washing machine, which can boost a house’s sales price by as much as 7%.
- Give any room with a worn appearance a fresh coat of paint.
- Replace your cabinet doors to freshen up your kitchen’s appearance.
- Upgrade old plumbing fixtures, focusing on high-value items like energy-efficient toilets and low-flow showerheads.
- Give the entire interior a deep clean from top to bottom. This to-do list can help.
- Stage your bedroom for buyers with an elegantly-designed custom bed set. You can access designs from artists around the world.
Don’t Forget to Address the Exterior, Too
The house’s “curb appeal” is the first impression potential buyers get and shouldn’t be ignored.
- Clean your home’s exterior according to the material.
- Hire professional landscapers to revamp your lawn and landscaping.
- Add exterior lighting to show off your newly landscaped garden.
- Make your front entry more welcoming with potted plants, fresh paint on the trim, and a welcome mat.
When you’re eager to unload a property, you want to list it ASAP. Press pause! Putting some time and effort into sprucing up the space first will help you sell the house faster once it’s listed. Plus, the right upgrades can help you command a higher sale price. Trust the tips above to guide you through the process.
Need to sell your Dallas/Fort Worth property quickly? Get a fair cash offer from Big Texas Home Buyers!