25 Jun 5 BEST HOME IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS TO DO WHEN YOU NEED TO SELL YOUR HOUSE FAST
- New Appliances: According to a recent AOL Real Estate survey, 69 percent of home buyers are willing to pay more for new appliances. How much more? $1,840 more. Although buyers are drawn to name-brand appliances like Sub-Zero, Viking and Bosch, you can always find quality kitchen appliances that won’t break the bank—meaning more return on your investment.
- Walk-In Closet: Can I get that closet super sized, please? 60 percent of buyers are willing to spend $1,350 more for a walk-in closet. So, if you have a reading nook or extra space in the master bedroom that could be easily converted into a walk-in closet, do it!
- Granite Counter tops: Back to the kitchen we go! If you haven’t noticed, there’s been an increasing emphasis on the kitchen in recent years. 55 percent of buyers are willing to spend $1,620 more for granite counter tops. This can be a reasonable remodeling project if you have a reasonably sized kitchen. However, more counter space can quickly become less worth your while financially.
- Hardwood Floors: Very few people under the age of 55 prefer carpeting these days, especially if that carpeting is a questionable color. In fact, 54 percent of buyers are willing to pay $2,080 more for hardwood floors, so if you still have carpet, rip it up!
- En-suite Master Bath: The en-suite master bath has become more popular in the past decade. En-suite bathrooms are more convenient and are often larger and come with more features, like two sinks instead of one. If this home improvement project is a possibility for you, go for it. 49 percent of home buyers are willing to spend $2,030 more for this feature.
As a rule of thumb, bathroom and kitchen updates and remodels are always a safe bet, so stick to what works! Overall, ensure that you are wise about how you spend your money. You want the most for what you’ve come to call home, and the smarter you are about home improvement projects, the more buyers will covet this special space. We hope you have enjoyed understanding what the 5 best home improvements are when considering selling your house!