Need to Sell Your House Fast?
The average staged home sells in 35 days or less and typically close to asking price or higher. Compare that to unstaged houses which average 145 days on market before they sell.
If you need to sell your house fast but don’t want to pay for a professional stager, take a look at the following tips:
1) Let in the light! Open blinds and add several lamps to create bright and airy spaces that are attractive to home buyers. Ensure that rooms feature overhead lighting, task lighting, and accent lighting. Keep those lights on even during the day!
2)Get Rid of Clutter and excess furniture to sell fast. Professional stagers often begin by removing up to a half of the furniture in a house in order to make rooms appear larger. By removing personal items, such as photos, buyers will more easily be able to imagine themselves in the house. In addition, removing belongings early in the process of selling your home will make the packing process much easier when it is time to move.
3) Transform bedrooms and baths into relaxing hotel retreats. A bedroom that is bathed with soothing colors, soft lighting, and luxurious bedding will appear irresistibly inviting to buyers. For bathrooms, particularly the master bath, boost appeal by adding a few spa-like touches, like rolled towels, candles, plants, and even a small water feature.
4) Accessorize in groups of 3. One basic principle of interior design holds that accessories are more visually appealing when arranged in triads. Consider arranging items in a triangle-like shape with larger items in the back, and grouping them by color, shape, or another common element.
1) Attempt to make rooms appear larger by simply pushing furniture against the walls. Instead, arrange furniture functionally so that buyers may easily see the flow of the room. For example, center chairs and sofas around a coffee table, ensuring enough space between items so that the room does not appear cramped.
2) Go overboard with heavy fragrances. While it is important to free your home of pet or cooking odors, fragrances arising from heavily scented candles and other air fresheners are likely to be irritating to many people looking to buy a home. Try freshening the air by opening windows, turning on fans, and lighting candles with a more delicate scent before showing the home.
3) Neglect the yard. Curb appeal is critical, and buyers will form their first impressions of your house based on the yard and entryway. No one wants to buy a house quick that appears as though it’s been neglected. Spruce up the yard by trimming overgrown plants and adding some colorful flowers, and ensure that the entrance is inviting with a new welcome mat and a fresh coat of paint on the front door.
4) Hide excess belongings in closets in the process of decluttering. You can’t sell a house quickly if buyers don’t feel as though there is enough storage space. Assume, they’ll peek into closets, cabinets, and drawers. Enable them to envision themselves living in your home by impressing them with well organized closets that display efficient storage systems.
Just because you can’t afford a professional stager, doesn’t mean you can’t sell your house fast.
Remember to follow the basic staging rules and your house should sell quickly.