26 Aug Great Summer Scallops with Avocado Cream and Salsa
One of my Favorite Recipes for Summer Entertaining!
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 32 sea scallops
- 4 flour tortillas, cut into eighths
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup plain low fat or fat free greek yogurt
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup of salsa
In a medium bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons of oil, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, 1/2 tablespoon of grated zest, 1/4 teasoon of salt, cumin, and pepper. Add scallops and marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add tortilla wedges in batches and cook until golden brown on both sides, 1-2 minutes. Drain wedges on paper towels.
Peel, Pit and coarsely mash avocados in a medium bowl. Stir in onion, yogurt, and remaining lime juice, zest, and salt.
Preheat grill or broiler. In broiler pan, cook the scallops about 3 inches from the heat until cooked thoroughly, about 4-5 minutes.
To serve, spread 2 teaspoons of avocado cream on each tortilla wedge.Top with 1 tablespoon of lettuce and scallop, and finish with 1 teaspoon of salsa.