The UltraLite-mk5 is USB audio class compliant, giving you plug-and-play compatibility with iPad and other Apple iOS devices. MOTU won't refund the unit so I can move on with another product, and I can't in good conscience sell it knowing full well it doesn't work with current Apple computers. I bought it as an affordable way to integrate some nice analog gear into my mix setup. You'll benefit from round-trip latency of 2.4ms over USB at 24-bit/96kHz. Methinks someone on the design team insisted on a few real knobs. , maximum compatibility. I've had several productions (7+ in the past year) where some of the sends stop working completely or they timeout and produce a tone between 4k-6k or it produces audio with crackling noises. Quality is excellent and pre-amps are as good as I could have hoped for. Fixed a race condition that could lead to unpredictable behavior. macOS 13, themselves have told me there is an issue with USB controllers in the new Macs and this Ultralite Mk5. Sweetwater's Sales Engineers are regarded as the most experienced and knowledgeable professionals in the music industry, with extensive music backgrounds and intense training on the latest products and technologies. This new MOTU is almost perfect. All of these are great products, but there was always something missing for me. I researched "ALL" the Audio Interface Target Price options between $500.00 to $1K for five weeks and I wound up focused on three units; Audient-EVO 16, RME-BabyFace Pro FS and MOTU-UltraLite MK5. Install Instructions Double-click the installer. You can't really tell if you're peaking except to notice the white bar is totally filled. In this article, well go over some of the best audio interfaces for Mac users. I am so glad they released this. $9.99. 5501 U.S. Hwy 30 W, Fort Wayne, IN 46818 My use case is that I need to have a few mic pres, 4-6 additional ins, optical in/out, an additional output, portable, great conversion, and a solid headphone amp. To learn more about our cookie policy, please visit our Privacy Policy. Between the mic inputs and gain knobs are a headphone output and volume knob. I'm embarrassed that I didn't deal with my interface quality issue sooner. Best of all, its totally FREE, and its just another reason that you get more at Sweetwater.com. Some of our favorite interfaces in this price range have large-volume knobs. This is the best bang for the buck interface in existence. Learn more about computer updates for music production. It wobbles a little and i had to use a business card to balance one of the rubber feet. Would buy again. Future proof for sure and yes, it sounds amazing. on November 16, 2022, Music Background: Live Producer, Music Director, By Chris They feel tacked on and a little flimsy compared to what is otherwise top notch build qaulity. It works as advertised. But who knows how long plugin and DAW companies will be caught up to that OS release, so more waiting while the unit sits depreciating over time. forget about the other products out there and spring for the MOTU UltraLite mk-5, especially if you are a keyboard player and use tracks during performance. Pros: 1. Reboot. It would be nice to see larger knobs on this interface. I would say the main quality differences are the UAD Unison pres, the really good Apollo DSP, and the overall interface / UI. Windows 11, Windows 10 64-bit. Love this device because you are not paying for esthetic as much as reliability and functionality. Pre amps are solid, great routing. The Ultralite MK5 is amazing in all regards and my soul mate of an interface! My use case is that I need to have a few mic pres, 4-6 additional ins, optical in/out, an additional output, portable, great conversion, and a solid headphone amp. Store Hours, If you have any questions, please call us at All the I/O you need Minor quibbles: Copyright 2008-2023MOTU, Inc. All rights reserved. Housed in a compact, steel enclosure you can take anywhere, the UltraLite-mk5is equally well-suited for studio and stage, with or without a computer. 2. They also tend to have wider panels, allowing their controls to be more spaced out and easier to navigate. Hand selected from all across the globe, each brings a wealth of experience and expertise in the world of music gear. After almost a year, I finally got it. I'm thinking about selling it, but in the mean time I use it as my desktop interface in my home production space. Sweetwater Card MOTU UltraLite-mk5 18x22 USB Audio Interface 18-in/22-out USB-C Audio Interface with 24-bit/192kHz Conversion, 2 Mic Preamps, DSP Mixing and Effects, MIDI I/O, and Loopback - Mac/PC/iOS See Product Details $ 595 .00 In Stock! on November 16, 2022, Music Background: Live Producer, Music Director, By Chris For further control of a specific channel, such as the level, click its. EQ, 4 bands on channel, 3 on master out. The UltraLite-mk5 ships with standard ASIO and Wave drivers for Windows 10 for compatibility with virtually all ASIO- and Wave-compatible audio apps, including: MOTU Performer Lite MOTU Digital Performer Avid Pro Tools (version 9 or later) Ableton Live Cakewalk Sonar Cockos Reaper Image Line FL Studio Native Instruments Kontakt Presonus Studio One Overall, the best aspects of the UltraLite Mk5 are its audio quality and top-quality mic preamps. various changes such as creating monitor mixes, changing clock sources and Terrible that companies rely on their customers to be beta testers. 18-in/22-out USB-C Audio Interface with 24-bit/192kHz Conversion, 2 Mic Preamps, DSP Mixing and Effects, MIDI I/O, and Loopback - Mac/PC/iOS, Rackmount Kit for Use with MOTU Ultralite MK5. UltraLite-Mk5 user guide() Mryoga Lv.15 2023.01.09 22:30 We like how it has a separate pad and +48V phantom power buttons for each mic input. Also love that it supports iOS from the get go. I Definitely don't have any complaints about this product and a big + for me is that it looks great in the studio. All of that and I still haven't addressed that there are 8 additional ADAT ins for use in the studio. They say Apples next OS release, Ventura "should" fix it. - Supports loopback for recording computer audio Exclusive deals, delivered straight to your inbox. MOTU UltraLite-mk5 18x22 USB Audio Interface Reviews | Sweetwater (800) 222-4700 Call in for the best deals! Now is the perfect time to get the gear you want with simple, promotional financing. Now is the perfect time to get the gear you want with simple promotional financing. - Great sound quality Turn the MAIN VOL knob all the way down, then connect your speakers. Our expertly trained Sales Engineers are ready to help! From Performer Lite'sContent Browser, choose from dozens of musical styles, click to audition, then drag and drop in your projects timeline to build your track quick. During that time, he's worked in local studios, built multiple home studios, and tested tons of audio and music production gear in the process. This unit can also be racked or not if you buy the connectors. 74 I have one complaint: why did they even bother with the nobs? Happy customers, one piece of gear at a time! Any EQ or dynamic effects changes are global and will be applied to every monitor mix. Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center Silver Spring, MD 301.946.8808 chucklevins.com Steve's Music (Various locations) 877.978.3837 stevesmusic.com Long & McQuade (Various locations) 905.837.9785 long-mcquade.com MarkerTek Saugerties, NY - The performance, latency, and stability is rock-solid Background: I direct live music productions and need multiple sends to send stems, loops, cues, and click tracks to various mixing engineers. I've been at this for about 25 years. My only complaints are minor: Build quality could be a tiny bit better. A Sweetwater Sales Engineer will get back to you shortly. Or earn 5% back in Bonus Bucks on qualifying purchases of $299 or more when you use your Sweetwater Credit Card. Sweetwater's Sales Engineers have the experience to help! connecting directly to your computer and operate on the USB 2.0 protocol for Install the After almost a year, I finally got it. I have a crowd mic plugged into the second preamp so I can hear through my in-ear monitors that I'm running out of the headphone amp. I have a crowd mic plugged into the second preamp so I can hear through my in-ear monitors that I'm running out of the headphone amp. But it works for your BASIC home recording needs in the sense that I'm able to record, track, and playback adequately in a "sterilized" environment (for lack of better words). and connect the MOTU UltraLite-mk5 audio interface to your computer, as well as The MOTU UltraLite-mk5 packs a lot of I/O into its portable half-rack enclosure 40 simultaneous audio channels, if you add them up. - There are LOTS of inputs and outputs Add to Cart Customer Reviews 4.8 out of 5 5 92% 4 0% 3 0% 2 8% 1 0% Share Your Thoughts You'll benefit from round-trip latency of 2.4ms over USB at 24-bit/96kHz. Aside from that, this thing is flawless. Latency issues: gone. Background: I direct live music productions and need multiple sends to send stems, loops, cues, and click tracks to various mixing engineers. I also have a friend to bought a unit on my recommendation (before I got mine) who is having issues with an m1 Mac mini. Converters: Clearly superior. For access to the rest of the software included with your UltraLite-mk5, such as Performer Liteand the loop libraries, register your UltraLite-mk5 to gain access to additional software installers.For IMPORTANT installation instructions, watch the Mac driver video (above) before installing. For access to the rest of the software included with your UltraLite-mk5, such as Performer Liteand the loop libraries, register your UltraLite-mk5 to gain access to additional software installers. Navigate to your OS sound settings and set it as the default input and output device. I'm only tracking myself at the moment but once I feel comfortable enough in a post-Covid world to track bands again, it's nice to know I'll never have to worry about connectivity issues. Performer Lite includes 6 GB of free loops and sample packs from leading sample content providers to help you start making music right away. Add individual 48V phantom power if needed, adjust level with trim and pad, and start recording. 00. Best-in-Class, Ultra Low 2.5 ms Round Trip Latency (at 96 kHz with a 32 sample buffer). on May 23, 2021, By JD YOU have those skills and knowledge that MOTU lacks for some reason. My only complaints are minor: Build quality could be a tiny bit better. from Chicago, IL on August 28, 2022, By Jackie Baker The headphone amp, in my opinion is plenty loud. I am a very discerning customer. Plus, CueMix 5 has been completely overhauled its eye-grabbing graphic mixing, graphic editing of its parametric EQ, and convenient, touch-friendly interface are guaranteed to turbocharge your workflow. Thank you for your request. Mac users: While the UltraLite-mk5 is class-compliant, its recommended to Show details. Copyright 2008-2023MOTU, Inc. All rights reserved. Adds EQ to Reverb bus. Good Luck! I bought this product because of the 10 sends, which I believed would be very clutch for live productions, but it has been problematic. - Has a power switch (sadly not a given on USB interfaces) Control everything from the CueMix 5 mixing app on your iPad or iPhone. These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers. This is over most users' heads and a pain when I'm setting up in a hurry. The second is less severe and it is the IMD distortion rising at mid levels which is long behind us in desktop DACs as . - The CueMix 5 software is extremely user-friendly and makes it easy to assign sources to inputs and outputs Registered users also qualify for technical support and information about software updates, so please register today! MUTO-UltraLite MK5: performs as advertised, which..has made me a happy man. Learn More. There's a very small amount of latency (79 samples for me) but that's predictable and easy to work around. This USB audio interface also includes a built-in, DSP-driven 22-in/6-out monitor mixer that provides a separate monitor mix for each analog output pair. Useless for client work, useless for recording live shows, or using for live performances, all the things they advertised it being great for! . Based in Brighton, England, this label has been providing pristine audio libraries for more than a decade. No Hassle Return Policy. Installs the latest drivers and software for UltraLite-mk5. Thank you for your request. Under both knobs are a Pad button (reduces incoming signals by 20 dB) and a +48V phantom power button for each mic input. I also read through forums both on MOTU's site and open source. - Has a power switch (sadly not a given on USB interfaces) And, thanks to optimized drivers, the UltraLite-mk5 offers reliable performance on Mac, PC, and iOS. The UltraLite Mk5 also has an LED screen that shows recording and volume levels, sample rate, and other indicators. (800) 222-4700. The optical ports alternatively support stereo TOSLink (optical S/PDIF). They shipped me 2 replacement units (so 3 units total) they all do the same thing. Follow the sections below to get FREE delivery Wed, Jan 18 . Lucidsamples is a collective of experienced music producers and professional musicians that offers high quality samples and sample packs which are suitable for creating products in the most popular music genres. - Great sound quality on May 7, 2021, By JB - Other Gear - Elektronauts, MOTU UltraLite Mk4 18x22 USB Audio Interface w DSP, MOTU-UltraLite-Mk4.jpg, Motu UltraLite-mk4 technical measurements (DAC only) | Super Best , MOTU UltraLite-mk5 18x22 USB Audio Interface | Sweetwater, Ultralite wins top honors as Best Audio Interface | News | MOTU.com, MOTU UltraLite-MK4 18x22 USB Audio Interface . Its form factor is too cramped to make them comfortable and easy to use. The software is incredibly powerful, yet so easy to use (unlike RME's TotalMix). In this guide, we will show you how to register Actually just looked, Sweetwater has a 2 year warranty also! The new design blows the previous ultralite out of the water in my opinion with the White OLED display. By Chris Parkes I'll detail my setup so you'll have an idea as to how versatile this unit is. Sweetwater Sound, 5501 U.S. Hwy 30 W, Fort Wayne, IN 46818 Get Directions | Phone Hours | Store Hours, If you have any questions, please call us at (800) 222-4700. Sweetwater Sound Windows 10 64-bit. I have a return channel from the front-of-house console or personal mixing device on stage running into inputs 1 and 2. CueMix 5 is a very powerful application, so in USB MOTU UltraLite-mk5 - . Total price: $604.99. The Mk5 has the M4 beat in sound quality and features. The preamps are amazing, stunningly clear and detailed. - There are LOTS of inputs and outputs Please click below to login. Heres an overview of what you can do with CueMix 5: This software lets you control the UltraLite Mk5s onboard DSP effects a reverb, 4-channel parametric EQ, compression, and gate plug-in that you can enable in real time with near-zero latency. Register your interfaceto gain access to all the software, plug-ins, virtual instruments, loops and sounds that are included with your purchase. support. I can pack my entire road rig in my carry-on and fly anywhere. Learn more about optimizing your Windows 10 computer for music production! Product Details This Monoprice 6-foot USB-C to USB-A Cable is compatible with the Motu M2, M4, Ultralite-mk5 Audio Interfaces. The software is incredibly powerful, yet so easy to use (unlike RME's TotalMix). With the MOTU Ultralite MK5 Half Rack Ear Kit, it's a breeze to integrate your Ultralite MK5 audio interface into a standard 19-inch equipment rack. The good: Download UltraLite-mk5 Mac software installer (13.2 MB) Windows users start here Download the Windows software installer for the UltraLite-mk5 below. I could even have done without these two on this box and had more in and outs. 5501 U.S. Hwy 30 W, Fort Wayne, IN 46818 Help us match you with the perfect, Quick and easy rackmounting kit for use with MOTU Ultralite MK5 interfaces, Includes 2 rack ears that attach to the sides of the interface and slip comfortably into rack units. Conversion is solid, and I'd need to pay another couple G's to see any real improvement over 8 channels. Also, I wish the screen was dimmable, it is very bright. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Methinks someone on the design team insisted on a few real knobs. macOS 11, Fix it the first time with our award-winning, factory-certified Service Department. I've been at this for about 25 years. It also has a large volume knob making it even more user-friendly. Buying music gear can be complicated, but your Sweetwater Sales Engineer is here to help. The MUTO-UltraLite mk5: Great Spec's, about 1/2 the price of the RME, many, many I/O's, it can control 2 Monitors. Good thing I didn't listen to the people who told me a better interface wouldn't make a difference and that "Specs are just about marketing"(Someone actually told me that). Add both to Cart. Five stars. Our knowledge base contains over 28,000 expertly written tech articles that will give you answers and help you get the most out of your gear. I immediately got used to just using the software interface to adjust levels, which is excellent and seems quite mature. Its very clean and professional. Nothing's perfect. They shipped me 2 replacement units (so 3 units total) they all do the same thing. This link provides the Windows driver and CueMix 5 app forquick access to all the settings and mixing features inUltraLite-mk5. Streaming and podcasting has never been easier and better-sounding! Its very clean and professional. If you want to have the Main Out signal coming out of additional Line Out channels, click the, You can save your settings as a custom preset. Couple this with global logistics woes and you have very very low stock on audio interfaces. A Sweetwater Sales Engineer will get back to you shortly. It boasts ESS Technology's reference-quality ES9026PRO SABRE D/A, which yields a 125dB dynamic range and -114dB THD+N. The overall quality and the extensive I/O have really made a difference for me. macOS 12, With a mic input dynamic range of nearly 120 dB, this unit offers an impressive amount of headroom. Yeah, that's a good idea. This. Even when I had a problem with my order, not only Sweetwater, but MOTU went way above and beyond to make things right. (4) notify when in stock. You get 2 mic/line/instrument inputs, 6 line inputs, 10 line outputs, headphone out and 8-channel optical I/O. and is painfully detailed in his qualified presentation. Your email, has been entered to win this giveaway. on January 5, 2023. I really like the device. sample rate, routing, and more. Terms, No Hassle Return Policy I often delete, reinstall, and reset drivers as a ways of troubleshooting which doesn't always fix the issue at hand. Yeah same here, from Sweetwater. It produces top-of-the-line audio quality and features onboard DSP effects for zero-latency monitoring. MOTU won't refund the unit so I can move on with another product, and I can't in good conscience sell it knowing full well it doesn't work with current Apple computers. I've had it a couple months and still loving it. I never have to deal with wireless interference and the clicks and pops wireless packs often introduce. MOTU UltraLite mk5 18in 22out USB-C ELOLED . I researched "ALL" the Audio Interface Target Price options between $500.00 to $1K for five weeks and I wound up focused on three units; Audient-EVO 16, RME-BabyFace Pro FS and MOTU-UltraLite MK5.
Foxhill Farm Cormo, Elopement Celebrant Christchurch, Jake Jabs Net Worth Forbes, Did Danny Collins Son Died Of Cancer, Scott Hastings Wife Denver, Articles M