08 Nov Essential Moving Checklist for Anyone Moving to Dallas
If you’ve recently decided to pick up your life and move to the Dallas area, you could be in for an exciting experience. Few things can signify a new chapter in life like moving to another city. However, the process can also be stressful. Not only does moving require you to handle and manage a lot of different tasks, but the unfamiliarity of a new city can also be challenging.
Not to worry—Dallas has plenty to offer everyone! And Big Texas Home Buyers has listed some practical tips and resources to help you settle in nicely:
Do Your Homework
Before you make the move to the Dallas area, you’ll want to get to know the city as much as possible. Here are a few of many facts worth knowing about Dallas:
- Housing costs are going up each year, with the median home value in Dallas/Fort Worth region recently surpassing $350,000.
- Job opportunities are plentiful, and the median household income in Dallas County is currently $72,265.
- In recent years, the Dallas/Fort Worth region has experienced the highest raw population growth in the country; only Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York City have a higher population.
- The Dallas area is home to some of America’s most iconic sports teams, but it also hosts some of the best music and performance art events in the country.
Take Care of the Essentials
Once you move into your new Dallas home (or weeks before), you will need to handle some important tasks so that you can settle in with ease.
- Research utility providers and get your internet, water, and electricity working.
- Find the DMV office closest to your home so that you can obtain your Texas driver’s license.
- Notify the post office, your banks and lenders, and any other important institutions that your address has changed.
- Start building your healthcare team by researching physicians, dentists, ophthalmologists, and other medical professionals in the Dallas area.
Hit the Streets
There’s no better way to get to know your new city than to get out there and see for yourself what it has to offer!
- Try out a few top-tier restaurants, even if it means getting takeout as you unpack.
- Explore the plethora of high-end coffee shops in the Dallas area.
- Find a gym or a yoga studio close to home so that you can keep your fitness routine going strong.
- Meet your neighbors; walk through the neighborhood and introduce yourself, throw a housewarming party, and find a hobby group!
Navigating the moving process is stressful enough without the added anxiety that comes with unfamiliarity. Help yourself out by planning, preparing, and exploring the Dallas area as soon as you can. In no time, you’ll see that everything truly is bigger in Texas—and there’s a lot to like about it!
Would you like to read more helpful content or speak with one of our expert real estate agents about selling your home? Visit BigTexasHomeBuyers.com today!